The European battle between LG and Sony over the PlayStation 3 has taken a new turn. Sony has reportedly won, and the earlier seizure of PS3s in Holland has been stopped. To give you some context: LG and Sony are in a dispute concerning Blu-Ray patents (and royalties, of course). LG claims that because the PS3 ships with a Blu-Ray player it infringes on some LG patents, and successfully asked a court to stop the sales in Europe. It worked for a while, until now.
The larger issue is still not over, but it looks like LG won’t be able to pressure Sony by stalling PS3 sales. Shipment and sales of PS3 in Europe should come back to normal with the next 12 hours. To be continued…RELATED
- Sony PlayStation 4 confirmed, is in the works
- Video Game Urinal that actually flushes
- F-Secure: Sony hacked again
- Sony PlayStation Network hacked - not
- HR3D from MIT: A Better 3D Screen Than the Nintendo 3DS, But...
- Follow: blu ray, lawsuit, LG, patent, playstation, playstation 3, ps3, Sony,
- Seen at: insidegamer.nl