Another day, another iPhone dock. It seems that hardware manufacturers will milk this cow to the death – never mind that we are more or less quietly confident that the iPhone will continue beyond the current generation to a string of descendants in the years to come – long after Steve Jobs relinquishes his current executive position in the company as well. The Hive iPhone dock is anothe rexample, where it will sit nicely on your desk. At first glance, it might seem to be rather normal, but upon closer inspection, you would rub your eyes, wondering if someone has pulled a real time Photoshop trick on you. Why do we say that? It is because Hive’s offering does not come with any wires or cables – so how do you juice it up?
The answer is rather simple really – Hive will not rely on electronics to do the job, but rather, old school engineering techniques in order to amplify the audio that is coming out of your favorite fruity smartphone. The display size will also double up thanks to a Fresnel lens, making it a rather interesting alternative compared to the iPad for portable movie viewing. Not only that, since it saves you money from getting an iPad, it would be cheaper.
The project is not going to be realized until it reaches its $150,000 goal on Kickstarter. Do you want to make a difference?
- 2013-06-03: Gigabyte BRIX Mini PC Prototypes Shown Off
- 2013-05-15: Erick Tseng Envisioned Electric Display Wrapped Around Phone
- 2012-12-10: R2-D2 Wooden iPhone Dock
- 2012-04-25: Limited Edition Ceramic White LIL KIKR+ pre-orders open
- 2011-11-13: iTree dock burns a huge hole in your pocket
- 2011-07-19: HAI Dock begins to ship
- 2011-05-17: Day Maker gets toaster inspiration for design
- 2011-04-27: Turntable iPhone Dock does as it says
- 2010-07-29: Snowflake Dock looks absolutely stunning