Traditionally Apple has been giving away iPods as part of their back to school promotions whenever a customer purchases a Mac computer, but if 9to5Mac has got it right, it looks like this time Apple will instead be giving away a $100 iTunes gift card. This could be rather disappointing to users who were hoping for a free iPod but perhaps this is Apple’s way of getting their new Mac users ready for the Mac App Store by providing the $100 for them to purchase and download apps.
On a deeper level this could also mean that those who are hoping to see a refresh of the iPod line may have to wait a couple of months more. The reason Apple gives iPods away during their back to school promotion is a way for them to clear old inventory of iPods to make way for a brand new lineup of iPods which normally make their appearance in September.
Since the rumors are pointing to an iPhone release in September, and since Apple doesn’t mix iPhone releases with iPod releases, the chances of seeing a new lineup of iPods in September are starting to look rather unlikely. Could all of this be an indication of Apple pushing everything back a couple of months? I guess we will have to wait and find out.
Next Story: Bowers & Wilkins PM1 Carbon Braced Tweeter
- 2014-04-23 iPod Lineup Could Be Replaced By iWatch, According To Analyst
- 2014-01-28 Apple Q1 2014 Earnings Announced
- 2014-01-27 iPod Sales Are On The Decline
- 2013-12-29 Man Buys iPod From Target And Gets Box Stuffed With Erasers, Twice
- 2013-09-11 How To Install iOS 7 Onto Your iPhone, iPad, iPod Right Now
- 2011-04-19 Apple wants antitrust lawsuit to be dropped
- 2011-03-31 New Mac OS X update released for 2010 13" MacBook Air
- 2011-03-23 Apparently the iPod Classic won't be discontinued
- 2010-03-31 DoubleTwist Brings The Android Market To Your Mac's Desktop
- 2010-12-09 No More Apple at Costco