It looks like Sunday’s tweets from Chronic Wire turned out to be true after all. After deciding to stop selling unlocked iPhones awhile ago, it looks like Apple are going back on that decision and are now offering users the chance to buy an iPhone unlocked again.
The iPhone 4 is now being sold on the Apple Store website, as an unlocked device. Consumers can pick up the 16GB version for $649.00, while the 32GB version goes for $749.00. Other than the fact that the device is unlocked, it’s the same as the regular iPhone 4 phones that users have been purchasing on contract all this while.
One thing to note that, although it seems a bit pricey at first glance, the iPhone 4 unlocked in the US is one of the cheaper unlocked iPhones that can be purchased globally, which is good news for anybody who is planning to buy the device in the US to use it elsewhere.
- 2014-03-11 iPhone 4 Gets New Lease On Life With iOS 7.1
- 2014-02-05 iPhone 4 Production Resumed For Select Markets [Report]
- 2014-01-21 Apple iPhone 4 Relaunched In India
- 2014-01-14 8GB iPhone 4 Reportedly Launching In India To Boost Sales
- 2013-09-13 The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger
- 2011-12-28 Connect Design Block Case for the iPhone 4/4S: a case inspired by LEGO
- 2011-12-22 iPhone 4 iOS 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak demonstrated on video
- 2011-11-25 Lady Gaga iPhone cases are funky
- 2011-11-11 Unlocked iPhone 4S available for sale now
- 2011-04-27 White iPhone 4 goes on sale tomorrow