We already know that iOS 5 can be jailbroken, and here we have word that the iPhone Dev Team has released a tool which will enable just about any Tom, Dick and Harry to jailbreak iOS 5. Of course, caveat emptor applies here although there really isn’t anything to “buy” so to speak, apart from an idea – after all, you should always be wary of jailbreaking devices (a process that lets you run apps that are normally not allowed to run on a regular iOS device, hence opening up a whole new window and level of customizability to the operating system) might result in going awry at times, so that is a risk you’ll need to take. Check out some of the details concerning redsn0w 0.9.8b1 before you take a look at it.
iOS 5 being available only to developers at the moment, or to people with developer IDs, so those who do not have iOS 5 need not fret about it just yet. It must be said that there is a bunch of apps (official ones and third party, alongside Cydia Store apps) that will not run on a jailbroken iOS 5.
To summarize the entire shebang, this redsn0w version will target the developers of apps which function only on jailbroken devices. If you’re running a Windows-based computer, you’re out of luck too, as redsn0w 0.9.8b1 is currently available for Mac only.RELATED
- Razer Kazuyo iPhone Gamepad Leaked
- Apple iBeacon Deployed To 254 Stores To Help Guide Shoppers
- iPhone 5s Shipping Times Improve To 1-3 Days
- Report Claims Touch ID's Accuracy Degrades Over Time
- "Apple Picking" Is A New Smartphone Theft Technique You Need To Be Aware Of
- Follow: Apple Inc, ios 5, ios5, jailbreak, redsn0w, redsnow,
- Seen at: mobiputing