The image above is actually a screen capture of a video during a presentation by Nokia’s CEO Stephen Elop and it appears to be running Windows Phone 7′s Mango update. In his presentation Stephen Elop had requested audience members to turn off all videos, cameras and recording devices, quoting “This is something that is super confidential and we do not want to see out in the blogosphere,” but yet the camera that was recording it kept rolling.
Turns out in the video Nokia’s CEO Stephen Elop proceeded to reveal what would be Nokia’s first Windows Phone 7 device, code named “Sea Ray”. It looks remarkably like Nokia’s latest (and last) MeeGo offering, the N9 with the exception that the LED is placed different and it looks like it features an additional hardware button that some are speculating to be a shutter release button for the camera, unlike the N9 which makes use of soft keys.
The question now – was Stephen Elop’s “warning” to turn off recording devices a way to make sure it would end up on the blogosphere following a media frenzy of the “leak”, since we’re guessing if Nokia really wanted ensure complete confidentiality and secrecy they would have better means to enforce it other than just a verbal warning. Check out the video below for a cut version of the video, or if you want to get your hands on the full video just head on down to Technet.hu for it along with additional photos.
So what do you guys think?
- 2014-04-22 HTC Might Be Interested In Nokia's Chennai Factory
- 2014-04-21 Microsoft Nokia Deal Closes April 25th
- 2014-04-20 Nokia's Phone Division Will Be Named Microsoft Mobile
- 2014-04-17 #Chokia Is Just Desserts For Nokia’s 3D Printing Research
- 2014-04-17 Nokia Lumia 2520 Sales Suspended Due To Electric Shock Concerns
- 2013-04-08 Nokia Lumia 920 Is The Best Selling Windows Phone
- 2012-09-02 Nokia RM-581 Columbus Harmattan prototype leaked
- 2011-11-21 Nokia Lumia 601 leaked, is it for real?
- 2011-11-21 Nokia Drive XAP leaked for unlocked non-Nokia devices
- 2011-08-31 Nokia 703 photo leaked - Symbian or Windows Phone 7?