The iPhone is a popular phone, without a doubt, but how popular is it? Well, the folks over at 9to5Mac recently spoke with a T-Mobile spokesperson and discovered that there are over a million iPhone users on the carrier’s network; and T-Mobile doesn’t even sell the iPhone! While they make up only about 3% of T-Mobile’s customers, which might seem like an insignificant number, those users aren’t even able to access the carrier’s 3G or 4G network. Let’s not forget the trouble that they have to go to in order to unlock their devices and cut up their SIM cards in order to make it work with the iPhone 4′s micro SIM card slot.
It has been rumored that the next iPhone will be able to work on all four major carriers in the US, but nothing has been officially confirmed. After all I’m pretty sure Apple would be happy to have an extra million customers who want a 3G iPhone. Though with AT&T and T-Mobile in the process of merging – T-Mobile users might not have to worry about that anymore. Any of you out there using an iPhone on T-Mobile?
- 2014-04-23 iPhone 6's Metal Casings Could Be Supplied By Catcher [Rumor]
- 2014-04-23 Apple Sells 43.7 Million iPhones, 16.3 Million iPads In Q2 2014
- 2014-04-22 Fading Carrier Subsidies May Hit High-End Smartphones
- 2014-04-22 5.5-inch iPhone Delayed To 2015 [Rumor]
- 2014-04-21 Google Glass SMS iPhone Support Coming Soon
- 2013-04-12 T-Mobile iPhone 5 Now Available For $99
- 2013-03-28 T-Mobile Stocking 16GB iPhone 5 In Store, 32GB/64GB Versions Online
- 2012-01-25 iPhone 5 details leaked by Foxconn employee?
- 2011-10-21 T-Mobile explains the lack of iPhone on its network
- 2011-05-13 Next iPhone to be called the iPhone 4S?