If you’ve been holding back from getting an iPad due to the fact that it can’t make regular calls, those issues can now be put aside. Thanks to the folks over at iPhoneIslam, they’ve managed to create an app that lets users use their iPad tablets as regular phones. Make, receive calls, send and receive texts with your 10″ device. If you’re wondering how come an app like this didn’t make it to the App Store, well the answer should be obvious: it only works on jailbroken iPads.
Called PhoneIt-iPad, this app brings a whole new level of functionality to the iPad. While you’ll need a headset to use this app properly (if you don’t want to look funny while using this in public), it makes use of a regular 3G SIM card to work, unlike the data-only SIM cards that you normally get for your iPad. It costs $20 and is available from the Cydia store now. Watch a video of PhoneIt-iPad in action after the break.
Next Story: Apple sued over iCloud name
- 2014-04-13: Teen Records Himself Getting Bullied On iPad, Gets Charged With Wiretapping Instead
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-04-09: Samsung's New Tablet Commercials Targets The iPad
- 2014-04-08: Office For iPad Team Confirms Print Feature Is Coming "In Due Course"
- 2013-05-24: Verizon Cloud Offers 500MB Of Free Storage To iOS, Some Android Devices
- 2013-05-10: Zynga's Endless Runner 'Running With Friends' Now Available On iOS
- 2013-03-08: Google Field Trip Helps iOS Users Learn More About Their World
- 2013-02-28: YouTube For iOS Gets Send To TV Feature With Xbox 360, PS3, Smart TV Support
- 2012-11-14: Dijit NextGuide Update