With many considering Alibaba to be the Google of China and even launching their own mobile payment services, AliPay, we have to admit that seeing them launch their very own mobile operating system really did not come as big a shock as we would have imagined. Dubbed Aliyun OS, it will be launched on China’s K-Touch Cloud-Smart Phone W700 by the end of this month although no specifics were given regarding launch date and pricing.
No word on whether they plan to launch Aliyun OS based devices outside of China and compete against Android and iOS. Although with Mozilla planning their own mobile operating system too, it looks like the smartphone operating system wars just got a lot bigger which can only be a good thing as consumers will have more variety to choose from.RELATED
- Samsung Galaxy F Series Is In The Works: Eldar Murtazin
- Bluetooth 4.1 Features Revealed
- President Barack Obama Has No iPhone Due To “Security Reasons”
- Google Search Updated, Will Launch Apps From Search Results
- Alleged Prototype Official iPhone 5s Case Resembles The iPhone 5c
- Seen at: news.cnet