After four years of using the same layout for its keyboards, it looks like Apple is ready to update them with the release of Mac OS X Lion. iSpazio Mac, an Italian Mac website recently got its hands on what appears to be a new Apple keyboard. While the keyboard is almost the same as the previous generation keyboards, this new one features buttons dedicated to Mac OS X Lion.
As you can see from the photograph, the F3 button now has an icon for Mission Control, while the F4 button now has the icon for Launchpad – both are new functions that came with the latest version of OS X. While it’s not really a huge change over the previous Apple keyboard, these new icons on the keys should make life a little easier for new Lion users who have trouble remembering what the hotkeys are on their keyboards.
Next Story: White iPod Touch on the way?
- 2014-04-22 Apple Opens OS X Beta To Non-Developers
- 2014-04-10 Apple's iOS, OS X, And "Key Web-Based Services" Not Affected By Heartbleed Flaw
- 2014-02-26 Mail Issues Persist On Mavericks Even After 10.9.2 Update
- 2014-02-25 Apple Plugs SSL Encryption Bug On OS X
- 2014-02-24 Apple's SSL Bug Extends To OS X Too, Fix Incoming
- 2011-08-17 Mac OS X Lion receives its first update
- 2011-07-21 Mac OS X Lion downloaded over one million times in one day
- 2011-07-20 Mac OS X Lion officially released
- 2011-07-19 Mac OS X Lion promo materials surface
- 2011-07-01 Mac OS X Lion: now Golden Master status