2011 looks like the year of the “plus”. While Google has the recently launched Google+ social network, an analyst recently told the International Business Times that Apple might be releasing an iPad 2 refresh later this year, dubbed the “iPad 2 plus”. This new iPad 2 is said to have a higher resolution display (250-300 ppi), an improvement over the iPad 2′s 132-ppi resolution.
Like all rumors, remember to take this one with a pinch of salt, as the analyst himself even mentioned that he would need more evidence in order to call it a done deal. With Apple reported to have ordered 5 million iPad 2 touch sensors this month, there’s a possibility of the sensors being used for this iPad 2 plus. Well, we’ll just have to wait and see what happens. Stay tuned.
Next Story: How durable is the Kyocera Echo?
- 2014-02-13: iPad 2 Production Reportedly Nearing Its End
- 2013-10-21: iPad 2 Is Still Apple's Most Widely Used Tablet
- 2013-04-23: Refurbished iPad 2 And iPad 3 Prices Slashed By Apple
- 2013-02-14: Android And iOS Capture 91.1% Global Market Share
- 2012-11-30: 7 Chinese Jailed In "Kidney For iPad" Trial
- 2012-10-22: Apple rumored to phase out iPad 2 after iPad mini goes on sale
- 2012-01-20: iPad 3 high-res display hinted in iBooks 2
- 2012-01-19: iPad 2S/iPad 3 cases go on sale
- 2011-11-18: JBL OnBeat Xtreme speaker dock available now
- 2011-11-10: Knock off Smart Cover only costs $6