2011 looks like the year of the “plus”. While Google has the recently launched Google+ social network, an analyst recently told the International Business Times that Apple might be releasing an iPad 2 refresh later this year, dubbed the “iPad 2 plus”. This new iPad 2 is said to have a higher resolution display (250-300 ppi), an improvement over the iPad 2′s 132-ppi resolution.
Like all rumors, remember to take this one with a pinch of salt, as the analyst himself even mentioned that he would need more evidence in order to call it a done deal. With Apple reported to have ordered 5 million iPad 2 touch sensors this month, there’s a possibility of the sensors being used for this iPad 2 plus. Well, we’ll just have to wait and see what happens. Stay tuned.
Next Story: How durable is the Kyocera Echo?
- Nanyang Girls’ High School In Singapore Uses iPad As Learning Aid
- iOS 7.1 Release Apparently Just Around The Corner
- Researchers Find iOS Security Flaw To Monitor Screen Taps And Keystrokes
- Apple Releases iOS 7.0.6/6.1.6 To Fix SSL Encryption Bug
- iPad Pro Rumored For 2015 Release, iPad Mini Might Be Discontinued