Does anyone remember playing the RTS game Battle Realms, created by Liquid Entertainment some ten years ago? If you do, it seems that the company will be taking the Battle Realms game and bringing it to iOS and Android devices sometime in 2012. The bad news is that it will not be the same RTS game that we remember, but rather a collectible card game version of it instead.
Unfortunately not much is known about what the gameplay would be like, apart from the fact that it will be a collectible card game on smartphones, but what is known is that it will feature some elements that players may remember from the RTS version of the game on PC.
For starters they plan to introduce Unit Alchemy, which will basically upgrade your units into more elite or different versions of themselves, a mechanic that Battle Realms was known for. They will also be introducing the Living World whereby fires not contained will continue to burn and spread, boulders can be pushed downhill, birds in trees would scatter when units ran into them, and etc. They would also introduce Battle Gear, which is a bit like Unit Alchemy.
Well that’s pretty much all there is to the game, so I guess we will have to wait until 2012 to know more, although we’re guessing more details will be revealed along the way, so Battle Realms’ fans, stay tuned!
- 2014-04-23 OnePlus' Marketing Stunt Asks The Public To Smash The Past
- 2014-04-21 Leaked Android Dialer App Screenshot Shows Slight Makeover
- 2014-04-21 Apple And Google Reportedly Vying For Mobile Game Exclusives
- 2014-04-20 Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Makes Its Way Onto Android
- 2014-04-18 Chuwi Cloned Lenovo’s Android-Powered Yoga Tablets
- 2014-04-17 Flickr 3.0 Brings Filters, Editing Tools And More
- 2014-01-16 Apple And Google Remove Plastic Surgery Game From Their App Stores
- 2014-01-15 News Republic 4.0 Features Smart Recommendations
- 2013-11-26 Assassin's Creed Pirates Headed Onto iOS And Android December 5th