There are so many external speaker solutions available on the market at the moment to let you blast pump up the volume of your iPod when you’re listening to music, but how many of them actually let you listen to music while you’re chilling out in a swimming pool? The WATER ROCKER from ION lets you do just that. It is made up of two components – a transmitter and a waterproof wireless speaker.
Your iPod (or any other compatible audio source) is plugged into the transmitter and stays on dry land, while the ball-shaped, waterproof (iPX7) wireless speaker can follow you into the water (up to 150 feet away from the transmitter) bringing your tunes with you. And just in case you get tired of your music, you can use the built in FM radio for some news, sports or music you don’t have. And if one speaker isn’t enough, you can add up to 9 additional speakers to one transmitter for greater effect.
No word on pricing or availability, but the ION WATER ROCKER will be on display at the 2011 Summer NAMM show. Find out more.
Next Story: AMEX Digital MP-G7 Android TV Media Player
- 2014-04-11: High Definition Audio Files Coming To iTunes In June [Rumor]
- 2014-04-07: Pykmax Gives The Humble Guitar Pick An Ergonomic Makeover
- 2014-04-01: Sony Bundles Michael Jackson's "XSCAPE" Album With Xperia Z2
- 2014-03-31: John Frusciante Launches His New Music Album Into Space
- 2014-03-25: Linkin Park Releases Interactive Music Video With Project Spark
- 2011-06-28: Arcam rCube wireless docking station plays music from your Apple devices
- 2011-04-04: TDK Sound Cube: a box full of music
- 2011-03-31: TDK Boomboxes to bring you back to the 80s
- 2011-03-08: The Woofer turns your dog into a portable music player
- 2011-01-13: Punch Plugs Review