There are so many external speaker solutions available on the market at the moment to let you blast pump up the volume of your iPod when you’re listening to music, but how many of them actually let you listen to music while you’re chilling out in a swimming pool? The WATER ROCKER from ION lets you do just that. It is made up of two components – a transmitter and a waterproof wireless speaker.
Your iPod (or any other compatible audio source) is plugged into the transmitter and stays on dry land, while the ball-shaped, waterproof (iPX7) wireless speaker can follow you into the water (up to 150 feet away from the transmitter) bringing your tunes with you. And just in case you get tired of your music, you can use the built in FM radio for some news, sports or music you don’t have. And if one speaker isn’t enough, you can add up to 9 additional speakers to one transmitter for greater effect.
No word on pricing or availability, but the ION WATER ROCKER will be on display at the 2011 Summer NAMM show. Find out more.RELATED
- Apple Giving Away 8 Free Songs From Its Holiday Cheer Playlist
- Pandora Sees A 9% Increase In Listeners Following iTunes Radio's Launch
- iTunes Radio Not Exactly Winning Over Pandora Subscribers
- Amazon Cloud Player Now Available For Mac
- iTunes Radio Will Start Promoting Pre-Release Albums
- Follow: ion, ipod, mp3, music, speaker, waterproof,