It looks like Apple has its sights set on getting its iPhone out to the country with the largest population in the world – China. Yes well all know that China already has the iPhone, but it’s not being sold by the country’s largest carrier over there at the moment, and that carrier is none other than China Mobile. The world’s largest carrier, China Mobile, has been reported to have 7.44 million iPhone users on its network despite the fact that it isn’t selling the device (that means no carrier subsidies), and users can’t use 3G on it either!
Apple knows that people in China do want iPhones, and is looking forward to capitalize on the fact. Reuters has reported that Steve Jobs has been flying to China recently to meet with the carrier’s heads to discuss the introduction of an iPhone that was compatible with China Mobile’s 3G network. If that turns out to be the case, we’ll be seeing a lot of iPhone users in China, which should lead to a significant bump in the percentage of iPhone ownership worldwide.
- 2014-04-22 Fading Carrier Subsidies May Hit High-End Smartphones
- 2014-04-22 5.5-inch iPhone Delayed To 2015 [Rumor]
- 2014-04-21 Google Glass SMS iPhone Support Coming Soon
- 2014-04-17 Is Steve Ballmer Using An iPhone Now? (Debunked & Updated)
- 2014-04-16 Alleged iPhone Case "Confirms" Repositioned Buttons
- 2012-02-07 iPhone 4S in China has SIM card compatibility issues
- 2012-01-25 iPhone 5 details leaked by Foxconn employee?
- 2012-01-12 Thousands line up for the iPhone 4S launch in China
- 2011-08-18 Apple stores in Beijing sued for selling refurbished iPhones as brand new
- 2010-01-25 Apple Moves Against iPhone Cloners In China