Halfbrick’s addictive fruit slicing game made its premiere on the Xbox 360 with the Kinect earlier this week, and it doesn’t look like it’s going to stop there. MTV Multiplayer got the exclusive scoop on the next version of the game, and it looks like Fruit Ninja is ready to take on the world’s largest social network – Facebook.
Fruit Ninja Frenzy will be just like the original Fruit Ninja, except that you’ll be limited to only playing in arcade mode (60 seconds on the clock, no lives, but cutting a bomb will reduce your time instead). There will be an additional twist to the game though: the addition of smoothies. Smoothies are options that can change how the game plays out – i.e. bombs have no effect, extra time, easier combos etc. Different smoothies can be unlocked with Starfruits, which are earned through achievements.
Sounds like a nice feature to an already addictive game. With the usual social leaderboards made out of your friends, you can be sure that things will be getting pretty competitive. You’ll probably miss the swiping gestures of a touchscreen (unless you have a touchpad or a graphic tablet) but hey – Fruit Ninja with a mouse makes it a whole new game. Expect the beta to arrive next week.
Get More: MTV Shows
Next Story: Samsung Galaxy S 2 to be revealed on August 29th
- Microsoft CEO Candidate Stephen Elop Reportedly Considering Selling Xbox, Killing Bing
- North Korea May Launch A Cyber Attack Using Online Games
- YouTube Easter Egg Allows You To Play Missile Command
- Facebook: The Board Game Concept Wants To Get You Off The Internet
- Video Games Live Streaming On Twitch From San Diego Comic-Con On July 20