The folks over at the Wall Street Journal have reported some pretty interesting news earlier this morning. Apparently we’ll be seeing the sequel to the iPad 2 not too long from now. No, it won’t be this year like previously speculated, but we’ll be seeing the iPad 3 in early 2012. No word on when exactly next year, but Apple has supposedly started ordering enough key components for 1.5 million tablets for manufacturing to begin in the fourth quarter this year.
Since the iPad and iPad 2 have been released in April 2010 and March 2011 respectively, the iPad 3 is already expected to arrive in early 2012 – of course unless this means we’re looking at a January release date. The iPad 3 is said to have an A6 processor and an extremely high resolution display (2048 x 1536) which will probably be one of its main selling points. Since we’re reaching the end of the year, you can expect more details of the iPad 3 to surface soon.
Next Story: HTC EVO Design 4G mentioned on Gameloft website
- 2014-04-13: Teen Records Himself Getting Bullied On iPad, Gets Charged With Wiretapping Instead
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-04-09: Samsung's New Tablet Commercials Targets The iPad
- 2014-04-08: Office For iPad Team Confirms Print Feature Is Coming "In Due Course"
- 2012-02-13: Sharp-made Retina Display to be in iPad 3?
- 2012-01-19: iPad 2S/iPad 3 cases go on sale
- 2011-12-23: iPad 3 to be launched on Steve Jobs' birthday?
- 2011-11-18: Rumors about the new iPad, iPhone and MacBook Pro surface
- 2011-11-15: LG rumored to be building displays for 4" iPhone and 7.35" iPad