Another day another hack, and this time it’s the world’s largest mobile phone manufacturer: Nokia, on the receiving end. A hacker who goes by the name of mrNRG recently broke into the Nokia Developer forum, and defaced it by redirecting anyone who visited it to another page with the following message:
LOL, Worlds number 1 mobile company but not spending a dime for a server security! FFS patch your security holes otherwise you will be just another antisec victim. No Dumping, No Leaking!!
Fortunately Nokia has managed to remove the redirection and get the site back up and running. No word on whether they implemented any new security measures or if anything was stolen, but developers who use the forum are advised to change their forum passwords and the passwords of their other internet accounts if they are the same. No idea what Nokia did to deserve the attack but hey – having a wakeup call is better than a malicious intrusion.RELATED
- Moto X And Moto G Orders Delayed For Some Due To Winter Storm Dion
- Crytek To Release "The Collectables" Mobile Game
- Is Google Replacing Gallery On Android With The Photos App?
- Instagram's Messaging Feature Reportedly "Confirmed" For Tomorrow
- Nokia Steps In After Samsung's PR Nightmare With Galaxy S4 Users
- Follow: developer, hackers, Nokia, security,
- Seen at: thehackernews