Another day another hack, and this time it’s the world’s largest mobile phone manufacturer: Nokia, on the receiving end. A hacker who goes by the name of mrNRG recently broke into the Nokia Developer forum, and defaced it by redirecting anyone who visited it to another page with the following message:
LOL, Worlds number 1 mobile company but not spending a dime for a server security! FFS patch your security holes otherwise you will be just another antisec victim. No Dumping, No Leaking!!
Fortunately Nokia has managed to remove the redirection and get the site back up and running. No word on whether they implemented any new security measures or if anything was stolen, but developers who use the forum are advised to change their forum passwords and the passwords of their other internet accounts if they are the same. No idea what Nokia did to deserve the attack but hey – having a wakeup call is better than a malicious intrusion.
Next Story: Buy now, pay later for Vodafone Android users
- 2014-04-22 HTC Might Be Interested In Nokia's Chennai Factory
- 2014-04-21 Microsoft Nokia Deal Closes April 25th
- 2014-04-20 Nokia's Phone Division Will Be Named Microsoft Mobile
- 2014-04-17 #Chokia Is Just Desserts For Nokia’s 3D Printing Research
- 2014-04-17 Nokia Lumia 2520 Sales Suspended Due To Electric Shock Concerns
- 2013-09-05 Nokia Looking To Bring Quantum Cryptography To Smartphones
- 2012-08-15 Anonymous claims PSN breach, 10M accounts allegedly accessed
- 2012-07-25 NFC-enabled Android and Nokia phones vulnerable to hijacking
- 2012-05-02 Nokia has Given 17,000 Windows Phones to Developers
- 2012-01-16 Zappos hacked: 24 million accounts compromised