When the Nokia N9 was released, we’re sure that quite a few cheers went up from fans of the MeeGo platform along with several Nokia fans as well. Those cheers probably died down real fast when Nokia announced that the N9 would be the Finnish company’s first and last MeeGo device.
Fans in the US and the UK were probably even more devastated when it was announced that the Nokia N9 would be not made official in either country, and will not be available from carriers on contract. Well as it turns out, Amazon US’s website is listing the Nokia N9 for sale, although it would have to be bought without any ties to a carrier.
Basically the device is unlocked but it is only available as a GSM model, so you would need a SIM card from a carrier such as AT&T.
As is the case with most unlocked phones, it will definitely cost you a fair bit more than it would if you were on a contract, and the Nokia N9 is no different. It will set you back $500 for the 16GB version and $650 for the 64GB version.
Next Story: Use of Siri discovered in iOS 5
- New Oppo Find 7 Camera Photos "Confirms" 50MP Camera
- Galaxy S5 Production Will Not Be Hugely Affected By Recent Factory Fire
- All New HTC One Leaked Photos Leave Nothing To The Imagination
- Sony Xperia Z2's Stereo Speakers Compared Against The Xperia Z1
- John Chen's Focus Will Be On BlackBerry's Customer Base