When the Nokia N9 was released, we’re sure that quite a few cheers went up from fans of the MeeGo platform along with several Nokia fans as well. Those cheers probably died down real fast when Nokia announced that the N9 would be the Finnish company’s first and last MeeGo device.
Fans in the US and the UK were probably even more devastated when it was announced that the Nokia N9 would be not made official in either country, and will not be available from carriers on contract. Well as it turns out, Amazon US’s website is listing the Nokia N9 for sale, although it would have to be bought without any ties to a carrier.
Basically the device is unlocked but it is only available as a GSM model, so you would need a SIM card from a carrier such as AT&T.
As is the case with most unlocked phones, it will definitely cost you a fair bit more than it would if you were on a contract, and the Nokia N9 is no different. It will set you back $500 for the 16GB version and $650 for the 64GB version.RELATED
- Wooden Backplates For Verizon's Moto X Shown In Leaked Photo
- Moto G Reportedly Costs Motorola $123 To Manufacture
- Samsung Galaxy J Officially Announced In Taiwan
- Samsung Galaxy J Possibly Teased In Video
- Google News For Android And iOS Gets A Makeover
- Follow: Amazon, meego, n9, Nokia,
- Seen at: unwiredview