Update: This is just a rumor as it has been debunked by Microsoft’s Joe Belfiore in a tweet. Read more about it here.
Could Microsoft actually make Windows Phone 7 Mango available this coming September 1st? Perhaps, as there is a new rumor making its rounds on the Internet that Microsoft has picked September 1st as the release date for Windows Phone 7 Mango. According to Pocket-lint, they say that via “multiple trusted sources”, this is the date you should look out for – as it is a day just before the IFA 2011 consumer electronics trade show in Berlin begins. Needless to say, one can make a reasonable assumption that there will be a bunch of Mango-powered smartphones at the show once Microsoft steps forward to make the announcement.
Might Microsoft be too late to the game assuming Apple rolls out their iPhone 5 first? You can bet your bottom hard-earned dollar that the iPhone 5 is going to take the world by storm as with its predecessors, so it would take a whole lot of effort on anybody’s part to out-phone the iPhone 5. Hopefully Windows Phone 7 Mango has enough in its tank to create a dent.
- 2013-04-08: Nokia Lumia 920 Is The Best Selling Windows Phone
- 2013-03-27: Windows Phone Outsells iOS And BlackBerry OS In Several Markets
- 2012-12-10: Angry Birds Star Wars On Windows Phone 7
- 2012-08-29: USB Video Out via Windows Phone 7
- 2012-07-27: Nokia Camera Extras for Windows Phone 7 released
- 2011-10-19: Windows Phone Mango update available to "nearly everyone"
- 2011-10-03: Windows Phone Mango update sent out to 50% of the world
- 2011-09-27: Windows Phone 7 Mango delivery begins today
- 2011-09-12: HTC Titan, Samsung Focus S, Focus Flash headed to AT&T
- 2011-04-13: Microsoft announces Windows Phone 7 Mango details