It has been reported that at an annual trade show in Las Vegas last week, GameStop made the announcement that it will soon be offering the entire line up of Apple’s popular iOS devices – the iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch. GameStop decision to sell iOS devices comes as no surprise, seeing how iOS devices are just as popular as other handheld consoles when it comes to gaming.
Selling iOS devices, especially with the iPhone 5′s release rumored to be just around the corner; would bode well for GameStop, and with the holiday season coming up as well – another outlet where consumers can buy an iPhone or an iPad definitely wouldn’t hurt. This announcement goes hand in hand with the company’s trade-in program for iOS devices put into effect earlier this year. No word on whether GameStop will be offering Android or Windows Phone devices though.
Next Story: AeroDreamOne iOS speaker dock is 11-feet tall
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Apple's iOS, OS X, And "Key Web-Based Services" Not Affected By Heartbleed Flaw
- 2014-04-07: Quitting iOS Apps Might Actually Cause Battery Drain, According To Former Apple Genius
- 2014-04-04: Apple's iPhone Almost Had An Always-On Display
- 2014-04-03: Next-Gen iOS Devices May Have Faster, Power Efficient LPDDR4 DRAM
- 2011-12-02: Tetris for iOS re-released
- 2011-11-02: Meet The Tweet lets you follow Twitter feeds without an account
- 2011-11-02: Gmail app for iOS devices now official (updated)
- 2011-10-19: gMusic brings Google Music to iOS devices
- 2011-10-12: Twitter fully integrated into iOS 5