No one knows when the next-generation iPhone will be released, save for Apple themselves, but it looks like some people might be getting ahead of themselves and have apparently started selling their iPhones to gadget trade-in site Gazelle.com.
As far as the iPhone 4S/5 release is concerned, it has been speculated and rumored that it will see either a 4th of October announcement or a 5th of October announcement. Naturally both dates are speculated and it’s impossible to confirm them right now, but that hasn’t stopped people from buying into the rumors and selling off their current iPhones in hopes to upgrade to a brand new one come this October.
According to Gazelle, this is the highest they’ve ever seen iPhones being traded-in compared to last year, and it seems to be a rather unprecedented event.
“It’s really unprecedented behavior,” Scarsella said. “Usually gadget owners, especially with phones, they wait [to sell back] until the new one is announced.”
Anyone here sold their iPhone based on the rumors of a possible October launch?RELATED
- Razer Kazuyo iPhone Gamepad Leaked
- Apple iBeacon Deployed To 254 Stores To Help Guide Shoppers
- iPhone 5s Shipping Times Improve To 1-3 Days
- Report Claims Touch ID's Accuracy Degrades Over Time
- "Apple Picking" Is A New Smartphone Theft Technique You Need To Be Aware Of
- Follow: iphone 3gs, iphone 4, iPhone 5, trade in,
- Seen at: gigaom