We all know what a huge success the Star Wars: The Complete Saga Blu-ray release was, and the Force is certainly strong all over the globe. Even those living in the Land of the Rising Sun is not spared (which is a good thing), where the boxset hit Japan slightly more than a week ago. In order to promote the release of this unique boxset, 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment Japan put on their thinking caps and came up with this uber cool campaign that runs on Tokyo’s trains – by making the train’s railings look like life-size lightsabers.
How’s that for immersion? I must say that this is genius use of promotional real estate, where it is guaranteed to generate banter amongst the rush hour crowd, and audiences will be flooded with nothing but Star Wars images wherever they look during their daily commute to and from work.
What are the other kinds of advertising campaigns that you think would work great for an already famous movie franchise like Star Wars?
Next Story: Play Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception in 3D first
- 2013-09-20: Star Wars Thumb Wrestling Kit Has You Fighting With Small Lightsabers
- 2013-06-28: Iron Man Themed Lightsaber Is The Coolest Thing You'll See Today
- 2013-06-10: Lightsaber Knitting Needles
- 2013-06-10: Lightsaber Cane Confounds TSA Officers, Detains Star Wars Actor
- 2013-05-28: Homemade Lightsaber Featuring 3W Laser Burns Through Stuff