Fans of DotA (Defense of the Ancients) should probably be aware of the game League of Legends, whose gameplay and heroes have been largely inspired by the former. Unfortunately it has been limited to just PCs, although there have been reports of a Mac version being made available, not to mention beta clients and servers that have also been set up.
The bad news for Mac users who may have been looking forward to playing the game on their computers, is that Riot has decided to close down their Mac operations indefinitely (which never sounds good).
Their reason is because they were unable to “guarantee the quality and frequent updates we deliver today on the PC and are expected by our player community”. However they did state that in the long term they have plans to make the game playable on a Mac, but as to when – that remains to be seen. Of course there’s always the option of installing Boot Camp and getting a copy of Windows should you have the strong urge to play the game.
Next Story: Apple sues food company for copying their logo
- 2014-03-26 More Workplaces Starting To Use Mac Computers [Survey]
- 2014-03-24 Google Now Lands On Chrome For Windows And Mac
- 2014-03-17 OneNote App For Mac From Microsoft
- 2014-03-13 Titanfall For Mac Is A Possibility, Respawn Discussing It With Aspyr
- 2014-02-21 Mac Users More Likely To Run Latest OS Compared To Windows Users [Study]
- 2013-03-01 League of Legends Mac Client Now Available