Fans of DotA (Defense of the Ancients) should probably be aware of the game League of Legends, whose gameplay and heroes have been largely inspired by the former. Unfortunately it has been limited to just PCs, although there have been reports of a Mac version being made available, not to mention beta clients and servers that have also been set up.
The bad news for Mac users who may have been looking forward to playing the game on their computers, is that Riot has decided to close down their Mac operations indefinitely (which never sounds good).
Their reason is because they were unable to “guarantee the quality and frequent updates we deliver today on the PC and are expected by our player community”. However they did state that in the long term they have plans to make the game playable on a Mac, but as to when – that remains to be seen. Of course there’s always the option of installing Boot Camp and getting a copy of Windows should you have the strong urge to play the game.
Next Story: Apple sues food company for copying their logo
- MacBook Air Owner Rigs External GPU To His Computer Via Thunderbolt
- SimCity Headed To Mac On June 11; Will Be Free For PC Owners
- Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Arriving On Mac 22nd February
- Lord of the Rings Online finally gets a Mac client
- Batman: Arkham City Game of the Year Edition makes its way onto Mac in November