Remember the story about Rob Shoesmith, the man who wanted to camp outside Apple’s stores for a whole month to get the iPhone 5? Well, it turns out he didn’t spend a month in line (thankfully). He’s now waiting for Apple to announce the date of the phone’s release before he starts setting up his tent outside Apple’s Convent Garden store in London.
What’s interesting about Rob Shoesmith is that, unlike other fanboys that will be camping out or lining up on the eve of launch day, Rob Shoesmith isn’t going to spend any of his own money to get the iPhone 5. In fact, all the food, equipment, gear and everything he will need to stay outdoors have been sponsored gifts from different companies. To return the favor, he writes about them on his blog, which he will also be using to detail his camping in line for the iPhone 5.
So far you could say he’s been doing pretty well with the campaign, drawing a lot of attention to himself, not to mention he has been donated in excess of £15,000 ($23,178) worth of goods and services from over 150 companies. Talk about successful! Anyway, if you’d like to keep up with his progress you can follow Rob Shoesmith on Twitter and read his blog to find out more.RELATED
- Razer Kazuyo iPhone Gamepad Leaked
- Apple iBeacon Deployed To 254 Stores To Help Guide Shoppers
- iPhone 5s Shipping Times Improve To 1-3 Days
- Report Claims Touch ID's Accuracy Degrades Over Time
- "Apple Picking" Is A New Smartphone Theft Technique You Need To Be Aware Of
- Follow: Apple Inc, iOS, iPhone, iPhone 5,
- Seen at: mynewsdesk