If you’re tired of your kid hogging your computer all day playing games, perhaps this rather affordable Toshiba kid-friendly laptop might be something you could take into consideration.
The Toshiba Satellite L735D is actually the L635 that has been given a makeover along with several kid-friendly features and software. As you can see in the photo above, the makeover included a redesign of the casing which has ended up sporting silver and neon-green colors, which to be honest I find rather appealing (perhaps it’s the kid in me talking!).
In terms of specs, don’t expect the most up-to-date technology. The laptop will sport a 13.3” 1300×728 display with a 1.3GHz AMD E-Series processor under the hood. It will come with a 320GB hard drive, a web cam for video chatting, two USB 2.0 ports and a reported battery life of about five and half hours.
As far as kid-friendly features are concerned, the L735D will sport a keyboard that is “wipeable” which in no means implies that it is spill proof. It has been designed to be wipeable after your kid with his/her hands sticky with ice cream or candy has happily banged away at the keyboard. It will come loaded up with Windows 7 Home Premium, LEGO Harry Potter: The Video Game and KidZui, which is a browser designed for kids in mind.
The Toshiba Satellite L735D is expected to be available exclusively from Best Buy in the beginning of October, and parents should expect to fork out $497.99 for the laptop.
Next Story: DIY wooden charging stand for your phone
- 2014-03-27: Toshiba Canvio Desk Desktop External Hard Drive Revealed
- 2014-03-19: Toshiba Canvio Wireless Adapter
- 2014-03-19: Toshiba 4K Satellite P50t Laptops Set To Arrive
- 2014-02-25: Toshiba Launches TransMemory Pro USB 3.0 Flash Drive
- 2014-02-12: Detachable vs. Clamshell Ultrabooks: What Side Are You On? [Promoted]
- 2013-10-07: Toshiba Upgrades Portege, Tecra Line Of Business Laptops With Haswell CPUs
- 2013-05-29: Toshiba Portege Z10T Detachable Ultrabook Preview
- 2012-11-07: Toshiba Satellite U845W Review
- 2011-12-13: Toshiba unveils WT301/D Windows 7 tablet for Japan
- 2011-11-28: Toshiba Portege Z830 ultrabook now available