There are a couple of music cloud services available or soon-to-be available. As far as the big names are concerned, you have Google Music and the soon-to-be launched iTunes Match by Apple. With the never-ending Android versus iOS debate going on, if you don’t want to have to take sides, perhaps TriPlay’s MyMusicCloud might be a music cloud service alternative you could look into.
For starters users will be given a free 2GB worth of storage upon signing up, and what makes this new service interesting is that it makes use of social networks. MyMusicCloud will be integrated with Facebook which means that users will be able to share their music with their friends, who will then be able to sample the song(s) and choose whether they would like to purchase the track.
The music cloud service will work with a variety of devices and is not limited to a certain platform or computer operating system. It seems that it should be able to run on any computer, smartphone tablet, media player and even web-enabled TVs. You will also have the choice of either streaming your music or synchronizing it for offline play as it syncs your device directly with the cloud as opposed to another computer.
If 2GB isn’t enough for you, an additional 5GB can be purchased at an $10 per year. Unfortunately for iOS users, the MyMusicCloud app is still being reviewed for approval on the iTunes App Store, so you will have to wait should you wish to access their services on your iOS device. For more information head on down to MyMusicCloud’s website.
Next Story: Sharp Galapagos 5.5" and 10.8" gets the axe
- 2014-04-11: High Definition Audio Files Coming To iTunes In June [Rumor]
- 2014-04-07: Pykmax Gives The Humble Guitar Pick An Ergonomic Makeover
- 2014-04-01: Sony Bundles Michael Jackson's "XSCAPE" Album With Xperia Z2
- 2014-03-31: John Frusciante Launches His New Music Album Into Space
- 2014-03-25: Linkin Park Releases Interactive Music Video With Project Spark
- 2011-04-26: Apple rumored to eventually charge for iTunes Cloud service
- 2011-04-22: Google working together with Spotify to launch music service?
- 2011-04-21: Apple's cloud iTunes to launch ahead of Google Music?
- 2011-04-15: Google Music botched?
- 2011-03-31: Amazon reported to be in negotiations for Cloud Player licenses