While the MP3s have replaced the need for audio cassettes, that doesn’t mean the ancient format has to go away forever. A lot of people, myself included, enjoy the retro vibe that they get from putting a cassette tape into a hi-fi system or Walkman, especially when you get to see the dials turn and the tape transfer from one end to the other.
Well if you’re one of those people who miss the audio cassette and wish that there was some way to relive those years on your iPhone or iPod, you’re in luck. The folks over at Majasalami have just released an app called AirCassette which you can use to replace the look of your default music player with a classic tape deck.
Track information is written on the cassette label, and the tape spins realistically while the music plays. The app also contains sharing features that lets your friends know what you’ve been listening to, and you can also save your queues as mixtapes. And if you’ve got compatible accessories – the app supports AirPlay as well. But all that is essentially icing over the app’s sweet interface which is what makes this player stand out from other apps out there.
AirCassette is available now from the Apple App Store with a price tag of $1.99. It works with your iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad.RELATED
- Apple Giving Away 8 Free Songs From Its Holiday Cheer Playlist
- Pandora Sees A 9% Increase In Listeners Following iTunes Radio's Launch
- iTunes Radio Not Exactly Winning Over Pandora Subscribers
- Amazon Cloud Player Now Available For Mac
- iTunes Radio Will Start Promoting Pre-Release Albums
- Follow: app, iOS, iPad, iPhone, ipod touch,