About a week ago, Samsung came forward and offered Apple a deal that would allow them to continue selling their Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 tablets in Australia. Given that Christmas is only a couple of months away, obviously Samsung wanted their products to be available in time for the festive shopping season, but it looks like Apple has decided to decline their offer.
At that time it was stated by Apple’s lawyer (although somewhat begrudgingly) that the deal would potentially benefit Apple, and that the Cupertino company would be “comforted” by it. However Apple’s lawyer has now come forward and stated:
“It is one we don’t accept and there is no surprise. The main reason we are here is to prevent the launch (of the Galaxy 10.1) and maintain the status quo.”
Unless the judge rules in favor of Samsung, whose ruling on the injunction is said to come some time later this week, it looks like those living in Australia will not be seeing the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 available in stores in the near future.
Next Story: ASUS Transformer 2's price to remain the same
- 2014-04-16: AT&T Galaxy S4 Active Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Android Wear Smartwatch Expected Later This Year
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Shows Off Curved Batteries Used In The Gear Fit
- 2014-04-16: High-End Samsung Tizen Device To Arrive By End Of Q2 2014
- 2014-04-15: Know Your Samsung Gear Compatibility
- 2011-12-15: Samsung Galaxy Tab is "The tablet Apple tried to stop."
- 2011-12-13: Design of the Samsung Galaxy Tab according to Apple
- 2011-11-25: Australian judge feels injunction against Samsung was not fair
- 2011-09-30: Samsung offers Apple a deal to let them sell the Galaxy Tab 10.1 in Australia
- 2011-08-01: Apple manages to get Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 sales halted in Australia