The folks over at iHelicopters.net have got yet another iPhone-controlled helicopter for you up their sleeves. This one is called the Cobra iHelicopter, and what sets them aside from other remote-controlled helicopters is the fact that it can fire “missiles” at targets (and in case you were wondering no, they aren’t real missiles). Modeled after the real Cobra helicopters, the Cobra iHelicopter features left/right rotation, forward/back, hover and landing movements, a control range of 10- 15 meters, gyro tilt control, 3 channel band selection, and a 3.7v 160mAh Li-Polymer battery.
This iHelicopter is fully compatible with the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch; all you need to do is download the udirc app from the Apple App Store, make sure the iHelicopter and transmitter are charged (45 minutes and 120 minutes respectively), and you’re good to go. The iHelicopter has a play time of 8-10 minutes, which isn’t very long, but it should be enough to fire off a couple of rounds before being charged again.
The Cobra iHelicopter may not be as advanced as other iPhone-controlled copters like the AR.Drone – but then again, it doesn’t cost $300 either. It is available in two designs and will set you back $69.95 each. Head here to purchase one today.RELATED
- ShutterBall Helps You Take Just The Right Selfie With Your iPhone
- Japanese iPhone Accessory Makes Smell-O-Vision A Reality
- Apple and Google spent more on patents than R&D in 2011
- BabyPing Turns Your iOS Device into a Baby Monitor; Launched in the UK; US in Late June
- iDrum is a portable drum pad for your iOS device
- Follow: iOS, iPad, iPhone, ipod touch,