It’s been previously speculated that Nokia will be unveiling its first Windows Phone handset at the Nokia World event later this month but thanks to Andy Lees, President of Windows Phone, we now have confirmation. Speaking at AsiaD today, he announced that at Nokia World 2011 we won’t see just one but a few Nokia Windows Phone devices.
In addition to the debut of the first few Nokia WP phones, the Finnish manufacturer will also be announcing its rollout plans with Windows Phone. And Lees will also be naming some new OEMs that have decided to hop on the WP bandwagon as well. At the moment we’ve got devices from HTC, LG, Samsung, and Dell. Besides Nokia, who else do you think (or hope) will be joining the party? It won’t be too long before we find out, stay tuned and we’ll keep you posted.
- 2014-04-17: Lumia Icon Power Button Unresponsive After Windows Phone 8.1 Update
- 2014-04-16: Early Nokia Prototype Tablet From 2001 Gets Pictured
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 1020 Used To Document Underwater Diving Mission
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 630 Dual SIM Increases Your Versatility
- 2014-04-14: Upcoming Nokia Device Codenames Leaked
- 2011-12-08: Nokia and T-Mobile event on December 14th
- 2011-11-16: New Nokia Windows Phone render leaked on video
- 2011-11-15: Nokia and deadmau5 to illuminate London for Windows Phone
- 2011-11-10: Nokia Champagne calls for celebration
- 2011-11-01: Nokia Lumia 800 no longer has Dolby Digital Plus?