In an attempt to make smartphones more usable for the visually impaired, Nokia has announced a new Screen Reader app just for that purpose. Called Screen Reader, the app is designed to help blind people or those who have trouble reading things on their phones. Nokia Screen Reader is an app that basically converts any screen content into speech.
Screen Reader can be used to aid with texting, calling, browsing the internet, accessing call lists and contacts, and managing the calendar. In addition to helping the blind “see”, Screen Reader can also be used by people with working vision but don’t have time to look at their screens i.e. joggers or drivers, who want to stay updated while focusing on something else that’s more important (keeping their eyes on the road).
Nokia Screen Reader is available from the Nokia Store for free in the brand new accessibility section of the store. It will be available before the end of the year for the C5 5 MP, Nokia 700 and Nokia 701 with Symbian Belle.RELATED
- Evernote For iOS Updated, Now Able To Scan Business Cards And Save As Contacts
- India Courts Allows Nokia To Transfer Chennai Factory Assets To Microsoft
- Cover Lock Screen App For Android Now Available For Download
- Batman Tumbler iPhone Case Comes With Built-In LED Projector
- FCC And Wireless Carriers Arrive On A Cellphone Unlocking Agreement
- Follow: app, Nokia, symbian,
- Seen at: conversations.nokia