Universal search is one of the most common features found on smartphones today, and it looks like Nokia has finally incorporated it into its Symbian phones. The company today announced the launch of the Universal Search app on its official blog. Just like its name suggests, users can search their whole phone as well as the internet by just using one search box.
With Universal Search, users can locate apps, contacts, messages, locations for Maps, apps from the Store and even websites from the internet. Universal Search also learns based on your search habits/results to improve what it looks for the next time. It even takes note of your current location when searching so you end up with results relevant to where you are.
The Universal Search app also comes with a list of frequently used apps, and people you contact often for one touch dialing/app launching. If you’d like to Universal Search for your Symbian^3 phone, head over to the Nokia Beta Labs to download it now.RELATED
- MiniShock Are Detailed DualShock 2 Controller Smartphone Straps
- HTC Offering HTC One For $25 Monthly
- Twitter Has New Targeted Advertising Which Learns From Your Browsing History
- Verizon 4G LTE Network Connectivity Improved In Selected Areas
- Android 4.4.1 Update For Nexus 4 And Nexus 7 Now Available
- Follow: app, Nokia, symbian,
- Seen at: conversations.nokia