Forget how “disappointing” the iPhone 4S announcement was – if pre-order figures are anything to go by, it looks like Apple has yet another hit on its hands with the iPhone 4S. The company has just announced that the number of pre-orders for the iPhone 4S has topped one million in a single day. This puts the iPhone 4S over the previous record holder, the iPhone 4 that had 600,000 pre-orders in a single day.
Contrary to what most people believe, it looks like minor upgrades are what consumers want after all – or many people are finishing the contract for their 3GS and were looking for an iPhone upgrade regardless of what the new iPhone would be. In the end, the numbers do all the talking, and judging by the over one million pre-order customers that Apple has for the iPhone 4S it wouldn’t be fair to call it anything less than a success.
Next Story: Myriad Alien Dalvik 2.0 demonstrated on an iPad
- 2014-03-11: iPhone 4 Gets New Lease On Life With iOS 7.1
- 2014-02-05: iPhone 4 Production Resumed For Select Markets [Report]
- 2014-01-21: Apple iPhone 4 Relaunched In India
- 2014-01-14: 8GB iPhone 4 Reportedly Launching In India To Boost Sales
- 2013-09-13: The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger
- 2011-12-28: Connect Design Block Case for the iPhone 4/4S: a case inspired by LEGO
- 2011-11-25: Lady Gaga iPhone cases are funky
- 2011-10-30: Siri fully-functional on the iPhone 4 and iPod Touch
- 2011-10-21: Casetagram puts your Instagram photos to good use
- 2011-10-14: iPhones bring "best ever day of sales for a device family" on Sprint