Yesterday we wrote about the alleged specs for the Galaxy Nexus/Nexus Prime that were revealed by the folks over at BGR. Well, we have a post from GSMArena have posted a report saying that yesterday’s specs were in fact wrong, and the phone is supposedly even more impressive than we thought. According to their tipster who was supposed to be a Google insider, when Samsung advertised the phone with the tagline “Something BIG is coming”, they really meant it.
Here’s what the flagship Android phone is supposed to carry when it is launched next week: Samsung’s own dual-core processor (wasn’t mentioned if it was the Exynos) clocked at 1.5GHz, a powerful dual-core GPU from Imagination which might be the PowerVR SGX543MP2 aka the same GPU found on the iPad 2, an 8-megapixel full 1080p HD video-shooting camera with an improved sensor, a massive 2050mAh battery that can last a couple of days, and a dual-mode GSM/CDMA radio as well as LTE-connectivity. I’ll give you a moment to pick up your jaw off the floor now – just wow.
At the moment we have no means to tell who which blog is correct (or they could be both wrong), so we’ll just have to sit tight and wait. But either way, both reported versions of the phone are impressive devices, and Android fans will undoubtedly want to get their hands on the phone regardless (it is going to be a Nexus after all). Fortunately we won’t have to wait too long to find out. Stay tuned for more details next Tuesday.
- 2014-04-23 Samsung Galaxy K Gets Pictured In Leaked Photo
- 2014-04-23 Samsung's Bundled Android Apps Aren't Getting Much Love [Study]
- 2014-04-22 Samsung SM-T2588 Is An Unknown 7-Inch Device
- 2014-04-22 Samsung Galaxy Note Pro Gets FCC Approval
- 2014-04-22 Samsung Stops Selling Paid Applications Through Smart TVs
- 2011-10-21 Verizon officially announces the Samsung Galaxy Nexus
- 2011-10-21 Sprint Galaxy Nexus coming soon?
- 2011-10-18 Samsung Nexus Prime announced by NTT DoCoMo in Japan
- 2011-10-14 Samsung Nexus Prime might not be the only stock Ice Cream Sandwich phone launched this year
- 2011-10-13 Samsung Nexus Prime/Google Android Ice Cream Sandwich unveiling confirmed for 19th