Ah, the rather elusive Samsung Stratosphere. I guess we’re something like journalists for National Geographic in our efforts to hunt down the latest and greatest news, save for the fact that we’re dealing with the world of tech instead of animals and wildlife. Well, we’ve already seen the leaked specifications for the Samsung Stratosphere, not to mention having its manual sneak out as well, so what better way to commemorate the smartphone than to announce the Samsung Stratosphere officially from Verizon Wireless now?
Originally slated for a rollout in September 8 last month, I guess the adage “better late than never” holds true here. The Samsung Stratosphere is similar in style and specifications to the Epic 4G, although users will be able to enjoy the speeds that Verzon’s 4G LTE network offers. Just in case you’ve forgotten what the Samsung Stratosphere packs, it will feature a 4″ Super AMOLED display at 480 × 800 resolution, a 5-megapixel rear camera with auto focus and flash, a 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera, a 1GHz processor and Android 2.3 Gingerbread as the operating system of choice.
The asking price? $149.99 with a new 2-year contract which frankly, ain’t too bad an offer at all.
Next Story: Steve Jobs' stash holds 4 years of gold ahead
- 2014-04-22: Apple's Latest Ad Is A Not-So-Subtle Jab At Samsung
- 2014-04-22: Samsung Gear 2 And Gear Fit Reportedly Expensive To Repair
- 2014-04-22: PayPal Fingerprint Authorization For Verizon's Galaxy S5 Workaround Discovered
- 2014-04-21: Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime Spotted In Manifest (Rumor)
- 2014-04-21: Samsung Galaxy S4 Outsold HTC One 4:1
- 2011-11-23: Samsung Galaxy Nexus for Verizon confirmed for December launch
- 2011-10-03: Samsung Stratosphere specs sheet spotted
- 2011-09-06: Samsung Stratosphere arrives at the FCC
- 2011-09-06: Samsung Stratosphere is Epic 4G LTE handset
- 2011-08-02: Verizon to out Samsung Stratosphere?