After all the promising news of how well Siri works on non-iPhone 4S devices (i.e. the iPhone 4 and even the 3GS), and rumors about Apple secretly testing Siri with its own employees – it looks like it all those hopes will have to come crashing down. An iOS developer named Michael Steeber recently asked Apple about the chances of having a special paid version of iOS 5 with Siri included for older iOS devices, and Apple promptly replied with:
Engineering has provided the following feedback regarding this issue:
Siri only works on iPhone 4S and we currently have no plans to support older devices.
While it wasn’t unexpected, this pretty much confirms the fact that Apple has no plans to introduce Siri to older iOS devices. However, that’s under the assumption that Apple isn’t working on it secretly, and isn’t doesn’t have any plans to go back on its word in the future.
Do you think Siri will ever officially arrive on older devices?RELATED
- iPhone 5s Now Shipping Within 24 Hours
- Walmart To Sell iPhone 5s And iPhone 5c With No Contract Plans
- Apple Including U.S. In '12 Days Of Gifts' Giveaway App
- iPhone 5S Supply Has Caught Up With Demand [Analyst]
- China Mobile iPhone Pre-orders Reportedly Going Live This Thursday
- Follow: Apple Inc, iOS, iPhone, iPhone 4S, siri,
- Seen at: mashable