We’re reaching the end of the year, and it’s time for all the new iPad rumors to start surfacing again. This time we’ve got a new one from DigiTimes. The Taiwanese industry insiders recently reported that according to their sources (who are from the upstream supply chain) – Apple will be releasing two iPad tablets next year.
The first iPad will be named the iPad 2S, which will feature minor updates to the current iPad 2, just like how the 4S was to the iPhone 4. The iPad 2S is said to have a faster processor and a longer battery life (when you take into account that the iPad 2 battery isn’t even very short in the first place, it makes you wonder how long they can make it go). The iPad 2S is said to launch in March 2012.
The second iPad will be the iPad 3 and will be the true successor to the iPad 2. It is said to pack a quad-core Apple A6 chip and carry a 2048 x 1536 display. However, it won’t be launched until Q3 2012 at the earliest. Since there’s no proof or anyway to discern whether the reports are true or false, we’ll just have to take the news with a pinch of salt. After all March isn’t too far away now, seeing how we’re less than 2 months away from the new year.
What are your thoughts about Apple releasing two iPad tablets next year?RELATED
- Apple Reportedly Testing 2K And 4K Displays For 12.9 Inch iPad
- Ultra Realistic Painting Of Morgan Freeman Done On The iPad Air
- Holiday Shoppers Prefer Tablets As Retina iPad Mini Supply Eases Up
- Amazon's New Ad Pokes Fun At The iPad Air
- Retina iPad Mini's Display Ranks A "Distant Third" Compared To Nexus 7 And Kindle Fire HDX
- Follow: Apple Inc, iOS, iPad, ipad 2, ipad 3,
- Seen at: redmondpie