We’re reaching the end of the year, and it’s time for all the new iPad rumors to start surfacing again. This time we’ve got a new one from DigiTimes. The Taiwanese industry insiders recently reported that according to their sources (who are from the upstream supply chain) – Apple will be releasing two iPad tablets next year.
The first iPad will be named the iPad 2S, which will feature minor updates to the current iPad 2, just like how the 4S was to the iPhone 4. The iPad 2S is said to have a faster processor and a longer battery life (when you take into account that the iPad 2 battery isn’t even very short in the first place, it makes you wonder how long they can make it go). The iPad 2S is said to launch in March 2012.
The second iPad will be the iPad 3 and will be the true successor to the iPad 2. It is said to pack a quad-core Apple A6 chip and carry a 2048 x 1536 display. However, it won’t be launched until Q3 2012 at the earliest. Since there’s no proof or anyway to discern whether the reports are true or false, we’ll just have to take the news with a pinch of salt. After all March isn’t too far away now, seeing how we’re less than 2 months away from the new year.
What are your thoughts about Apple releasing two iPad tablets next year?
Next Story: HTC Rezound official press shots leaked
- 2014-04-16: Hearthstone: Heroes Of Warcraft Arrives On The iPad
- 2014-04-13: Teen Records Himself Getting Bullied On iPad, Gets Charged With Wiretapping Instead
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-04-09: Samsung's New Tablet Commercials Targets The iPad
- 2012-02-13: Sharp-made Retina Display to be in iPad 3?
- 2012-01-20: iPad 3 high-res display hinted in iBooks 2
- 2012-01-19: iPad 2S/iPad 3 cases go on sale
- 2011-12-23: iPad 3 to be launched on Steve Jobs' birthday?
- 2011-11-18: Rumors about the new iPad, iPhone and MacBook Pro surface