Flip over your iPhone 4, and chances are you would have come across the words “Assembled in China”, to keep the classic “Designed by Apple in California” sentence company. Well, this time around, the iPhone 4 that is spotted above no longer holds the classic “Assembled in China” words, but rather, has replaced it with “Industria Brasiliera”. A little bit of help from Google Translate would point towards this particular handset being assembled in Brazil, and hopefully the factory that put together this iPhone 4 will have better working conditions that Foxconn in China, never mind that it could be Foxconn’s Brazilian factory that rolled out a localized version of Apple’s hot selling handset.
The smartphone is also ANATEL-approved, which is Brazil’s National Telecommunications Agency. I suppose since there are no immediate plans to introduce an iPhone 4S in Brazil, the next best thing could very well be a Made in Brazil iPhone 4. Rumors have it that this localized version will arrive in Brazil sometime around December 2, and as it is an 8GB model, it should not cost that much at all in the first place.
Next Story: BlackBerry Curve 9830 hits the FCC
- 2014-03-11: iPhone 4 Gets New Lease On Life With iOS 7.1
- 2014-02-05: iPhone 4 Production Resumed For Select Markets [Report]
- 2014-01-21: Apple iPhone 4 Relaunched In India
- 2014-01-14: 8GB iPhone 4 Reportedly Launching In India To Boost Sales
- 2013-09-13: The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger
- 2011-09-14: iPhone 4 thinner than Samsung Galaxy S2, so says Advertising Standards Authority
- 2011-08-23: Apple's Asian suppliers build cheaper 8GB iPhones
- 2011-08-11: Samsung behind 25% of iPhone 4 parts
- 2011-07-13: Apple buys iPhone4.com
- 2011-04-06: Teens expect iPhone in the coming year