With Asia-based companies such as Acer, Fujitsu, Toshiba, Samsung and ZTE getting on board the Windows Phone bandwagon, we can’t say that we are surprised to find out that Lenovo could be looking to get themselves a seat on board as well, and thanks to a leaked photo (as pictured above), we could very well be looking at the Lenovo S2, a Windows Phone based device.
Based on the photos alone, it appears that the device is indeed running on Windows Phone 7.5 (or Mango if you prefer), but unfortunately if you’re staying outside of China, rumor has it that the device will not be gracing international markets, but instead will be limited to just the Chinese market. Given that Lenovo was not named by Microsoft as one of the manufacturers for Windows Phone devices, perhaps they’re trying to keep a low profile.
No official word on what sort of hardware specifications the phone will run on, but based on the rumors, it could feature a 1GHz processor, 4GB of internal storage a 3.8”-4” 480×800 display, and what appears to be a front-facing camera.
- 2014-03-26: BlackBerry 10.3 Leak Reveals Possible Future BlackBerry Devices
- 2014-02-09: Sony Xperia Sirius D6503 Screenshots Leaked
- 2014-01-28: Alleged Left 4 Dead 2 Plantation Map Image Leaked
- 2014-01-09: @evleaks: Rose Gold Galaxy Note 3 Headed For Verizon
- 2013-12-10: LG V510 Tablet Images Leaked
- 2011-10-03: Samsung Wembley specs outed?
- 2011-08-14: Windows Phone 7 Mango final build leaked
- 2011-07-25: Cases for upcoming HTC Windows Phone 7 devices spotted
- 2011-05-31: Windows Phone 7 Mango ROM leaked but not for phones
- 2011-05-09: Windows Phone 7 Mango: more features leaked