After news of Logitech killing the Revue and Sony developing its own Smart TV platform, it looks like Google TV could have a savior in the works in the form of Korean electronics manufacturer, LG. According to a report from Bloomberg – their sources claimed that Google and LG might be revealing a Google TV-powered TV at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in January next year.
With LG being the world’s second-largest TV maker, having them onboard with Google TV is going to be a pretty big deal. However, if Google doesn’t make some massive changes to Google TV or garner the support of content providers to improve the service, it is quite unlikely that LG will see any success with it either. If rumors turn out to be true, let’s hope Google has some tricks left up its sleeve for Google TV; since LG hasn’t been doing too well with Android handsets, it would be unfortunate for them if Android-powered TVs didn’t work out as well.
What do you think of these rumors, and can LG help Google TV out of its current slump?RELATED
- Luna Delivery Service Will Deliver Packages At Night When You're Actually Home
- ASUS VivoPC Windows 8-Powered Home Theater PC Now Available
- Google Opening Showrooms In Six U.S. Cities For The Holidays
- Nest Learning Thermostat Receives A Major Update
- Netatmo's Wireless Thermostat Can Be Controlled From Your Smartphone Anywhere
- Follow: Android, ces 2012, Google, google tv, LG,
- Seen at: bloomberg