There are whispers going around that the software giant known as Microsoft will be working on an iPad version of their Office productivity software. This makes perfect sense if it is true, considering how the iPad currently captures around 80% of the tablet market, and with so many millions of office drones out there who own an iPad or the iPad 2, they too, use Microsoft Office – translating to a potential windfall for Microsoft in the long run if it is executed properly. It is also a somewhat similar situation as that of Microsoft making money off each Android handset sold, never mind that their Windows Phone devices are not exactly the best selling handsets around.
Apart from an iPad-ready version, there will also be a new edition of Office that is tipped to arrive for the OS X Lion platform sometime in 2012. The current version, Office 2011, will officially support iOS versions up to Snow Leopard, and a Lion version will most probably be available over at the Mac App Store. Are you looking forward to Microsoft’s work on the iPad?
Next Story: Samsung Wave 3 smartphone announced
- 2014-04-23 Microsoft Trademarks Filed Are Game-Related
- 2014-04-23 Microsoft States Their Commitment To Qualcomm's Hardware
- 2014-04-23 Remote Desktop Preview App For Windows Phone 8.1 Released
- 2014-04-23 China Thinks Windows 8 Is ‘Expensive’
- 2014-04-23 Bing In Classroom Arrives At All U.S. Schools
- 2014-04-08 Office For iPad Team Confirms Print Feature Is Coming "In Due Course"
- 2014-03-27 Satya Nadella Explains Why Office For iPad Took So Long
- 2014-03-27 Apple's Tim Cook Congratulates Microsoft On Office For iPad Launch
- 2014-03-27 Office For iPad Is Official
- 2014-03-17 Office For iPad Could Be Announced Before The End Of March