It appears that the good folks down at PocketNow have managed to get their hands on what appears to be the Nokia Lumia 601. If you’re wondering why the image above looks so familiar, it’s because it’s the same image that popped up in a Nokia ad not too long ago. The phone in that ad was thought to be the Nokia 900, but PocketNow is saying that it is actually the Nokia Lumia 601.
As much as we’d like to believe the rendering is real, there’s something about its camera placement and styling that seems a little “off”. Not to mention that the Nokia 601 is believed to be a lower-end device, which begs the question as to why it is sporting an 8MP camera while the Lumia 710 (slightly higher up in the food chain) is only sporting a 5MP sensor.
However despite it being an 8MP camera, it could in reality be a full focus camera which is cheaper to manufacturer, but at the same time will probably not allow you to take proper macro photos of extreme closeups. Nokia fans do not like full focus according to a survey, but this could be a way for Nokia to cut costs while delivering a larger image sensor. Until an official announcement has been made, we suggest you take this one with a grain of salt for now.
Next Story: ExoPC's EXOdesk expected to debut at CES 2012
- 2014-04-16: Early Nokia Prototype Tablet From 2001 Gets Pictured
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 1020 Used To Document Underwater Diving Mission
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 630 Dual SIM Increases Your Versatility
- 2014-04-14: Upcoming Nokia Device Codenames Leaked
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2013-04-08: Nokia Lumia 920 Is The Best Selling Windows Phone
- 2012-09-02: Nokia RM-581 Columbus Harmattan prototype leaked
- 2011-11-21: Nokia Drive XAP leaked for unlocked non-Nokia devices
- 2011-08-31: Nokia 703 photo leaked - Symbian or Windows Phone 7?
- 2011-06-23: Is This Nokia's First Windows Phone 7 Device?