Remember back in September, video calling through the Tango app was demonstrated on a HTC Titan? It’s one of the features supported in Windows Phone after the Mango update, and while the app wasn’t available for download then, we’re pleased to announce that it has just hit the Windows Marketplace. Tango for Windows Phone will allow you to make video calls to other Tango users – which means not only can you call other WP users, but Android, iOS and PC users as well.
The app works over 3G, 4G and WiFi, and supports both your front facing and rear camera (in the event you need to show off something that’s in front of you and not behind you). Setup is simple and it can automatically comb through your phonebook to find out who you know that is using the service as well. If you’re still waiting for Skype to arrive on Windows Phone, this app should serve you well until its eventual release. Tango is available for free and can be downloaded from the Windows Marketplace now. Give it a shot and let us know what you think.
Next Story: MAD CATZ Cyborg M.M.O. 7 Gaming Mouse unveiled
- 2014-04-15: Halo: Spartan Assault Kicks Off Universal Windows Games
- 2014-04-15: WP 8.1 GDR2 Update Could Support 2K Displays And Snapdragon 805 [Rumor]
- 2014-04-14: Windows Phone 8.1 Preview Version Revealed
- 2014-04-14: Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview Could Be Released Today [Rumor]
- 2014-04-13: Microsoft Looks Into 3D Face Scanner Using Windows Phone Handset
- 2014-03-12: Microsoft Noting App Submissions With Windows Phone 8.1 Compatibility
- 2013-12-16: Windows Phone Store Boasts Over 200,000 Apps
- 2013-11-21: Joe Belfiore Vows To Close Windows Phone App Gap By End Of 2014
- 2011-10-11: Microsoft details Bing for Windows Phone 7.5
- 2011-09-16: Video calling demonstrated on the HTC TITAN