All the other games can take an arrow to the knee as far as Bethesda Softworks is concerned, where their latest mega hit, Skyrim, has already picked up more than 24 ‘Game of the Year’ awards from major outlets worldwide, where among them include pocking up the top honor of Game of the Year at the 2011 Video Game Awards. This is a particularly prestigious gong, since the game is voted on by a panel of editors from the industry’s most respected magazines and websites. Not only that, Skyrim has also picked up ‘Game of the Year’ awards from a bunch of other game critics, including respected media outlets such as G4TV, Official Xbox Magazine and Machinima.com.
Raptr is also the ‘Most Played Game of 2011′, and with all the Internet memes floating around about arrows and knees, we are not surprised. Bethesda Softworks is on a roll, considering how Skyrim is the third consecutive game from them that picked up ‘Game of the Year’ honors. [Press Release]
- 2014-04-07: Gamer Proposes To Girlfriend With Skyrim Amulet
- 2014-04-04: Game Of Thrones Opening Sequence Recreated In Skyrim
- 2014-01-09: Skyrim For Xbox One And PS4 Turns Out To Be A Mistake
- 2014-01-08: Rumor: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim To Head To The Xbox One And Sony PS4
- 2013-12-11: Skyrim Mod Turns Dragons Into Thomas The Tank Engine Trains