Remember the Starbucks Cup Magic app that was released last year in conjunction with the holiday season? Well it looks like the app has been given an update just in time for one of the most celebrated events worldwide: Valentine’s Day. The app now creates an augmented reality scene when the camera is aimed at the special edition Valentine’s Day-themed cups that will be in use through February 17th.
In addition to the cute animation, the app will also let users buy and send Starbucks gift cards to friends that can be delivered on Valentine’s Day, as well as send messages to users that require them to head to Starbucks, buy a drink, and aim the app at the cup in order to read what was written. Troublesome? But totally worth the hassle if you’re into cooking up romantic messages for loved ones.
Next Story: Amazon rumored to launch a physical retail store
- 2014-03-12: Starbucks Works On Coffee Pre-Orders Via App
- 2014-03-11: Starbucks Allows You To Tip Baristas Now
- 2014-01-16: Starbucks iOS App To Get New Security Features
- 2014-01-16: Apple And Google Remove Plastic Surgery Game From Their App Stores
- 2014-01-15: Starbucks Mobile Payment App Stores Credentials As Plain Text Files
- 2014-01-15: News Republic 4.0 Features Smart Recommendations
- 2013-11-26: Assassin's Creed Pirates Headed Onto iOS And Android December 5th
- 2013-10-31: Angry Birds Developer Releases Match-3 Puzzle Game On iOS, Android
- 2013-10-28: Starbucks Allows Twitter Users To Buy Coffee For One Another
- 2011-03-29: Valpak Augmented Reality takes coupon promos to a whole new level