Fans of The Simpsons, if you have been meaning to get your hands on The Simpsons: Tapped Out game on your iOS device, you might be in for disappointment as EA has pulled the game from the iTunes App Store due to numerous complaints when attempting to connect to the game’s servers. Fortunately unlike Battlefield 3: Aftershock, the removal from the App Store is merely temporary solution while they address the issue, and also to limit the number of people signing in while they look into the problem.
“To ensure current players have the best possible experience, we’ve temporarily removed The Simpsons: Tapped Out from the App Store to limit the game’s server capacity to its current players and address connectivity and lag time issues.
If you’ve downloaded the game, you can continue to play. Actually, your experience should only improve as we work on a solution. As soon as we have resolved these issues to handle greater player capacity, we will return The Simpsons: Tapped Out to the App Store.”
While we’ve yet to try the game out for ourselves, it seems that apart from the connection issue, reviews of the game have been largely positive, so you don’t have to worry about the publisher pulling the game permanently. Unfortunately no word on when the game will be back in the App Store, so stay tuned!
- 2014-04-11: EA Looking To Transition Older Battlefield Titles From GameSpy's Servers
- 2014-04-03: Battlefield 4: Naval Strike Will See General Release On 15 April
- 2014-04-01: EA Apologizes To Nintendo For "Unacceptable" Wii U Joke
- 2014-03-30: EA Origin Service To Go 100% Digital From April Onwards
- 2014-03-19: EA Reportedly Secures Publishing Rights For Titanfall 2 [Rumor]
- 2013-06-03: Plants Vs. Zombies 2 Launching Exclusively On iOS July 18
- 2012-05-02: EA is not closing Rock Band for iOS
- 2012-05-02: Rock Band for iOS to "expire" on the 31st of May?
- 2011-12-16: EA releases The Sims FreePlay for iOS
- 2011-12-02: Tetris for iOS re-released