Looking for the next big update for Skyrim? Bethesda announced today the official launch of Skyrim 1.5 on Steam. The update introduces a host of new features including some graphical improvements to the game. There is a new cinematic kill camera for projectile weapons and spells, new kill moves and animations for melee weapons, shadows on grass available (PC), smithing skill increases now factor in the created item’s value, improved visual transition when going underwater and improved distance LOD transition for snowy landscapes.
Other improvements include a bunch of bug fixes such as general crashes and memory optimizations, Deflect Arrows perk not calculating properly – and a lot more quest and gameplay related issues. If you’ve got Steam running, your game should be automatically updated if not you’ll have to do it yourself. Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 Skyrim players will have to wait for the update as it is only being submitted to the console manufacturers this week. Hit the source link for the complete changelog.
Next Story: Einstein's work put online for all to see
- 2014-04-07: Gamer Proposes To Girlfriend With Skyrim Amulet
- 2014-04-04: Game Of Thrones Opening Sequence Recreated In Skyrim
- 2014-01-09: Skyrim For Xbox One And PS4 Turns Out To Be A Mistake
- 2014-01-08: Rumor: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim To Head To The Xbox One And Sony PS4
- 2013-12-11: Skyrim Mod Turns Dragons Into Thomas The Tank Engine Trains
- 2013-08-02: The Elder Scrolls Anthology Announced For $79.99
- 2013-07-18: Skyrim Modder Attempts To Land A Job At Bethesda With His Own Mod
- 2013-04-25: Skyrim Legendary Edition Coming June 4 To PC, Xbox 360, PS3