While Symbian will eventually get phased out, until then, Nokia will continue pushing out updates and support for the platform. Nokia Belle was released not too long ago, and it looks like the next build for Symbian dubbed Carla has been leaked. The guys over at Nokianesia have apparently received a set of screenshots in the emails, outing the next major update to the Symbian OS and the successor to the Nokia Belle.
Based on the images we are looking at, it looks like there have been several aesthetic changes, namely its on-screen QWERTY keyboard that seems to be reminiscent of Windows Phone, a swipe-to-unlock feature, updated UI for the browser, music player and options screen. According to whoever sent these screenshots in, the Carla update is expected to be available for the Nokia 700, 701, 603 and the 808 PureView, while first-gen Symbian^3 devices like the Nokia N8, E7, C7 and C6-01 will not be eligible.
So what do you guys think? Could this really be the Carla update that we are looking at here? Until an official announcement has been made, we will be taking this with a grain of salt for now.
- 2014-04-17: Lumia Icon Power Button Unresponsive After Windows Phone 8.1 Update
- 2014-04-16: Early Nokia Prototype Tablet From 2001 Gets Pictured
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 1020 Used To Document Underwater Diving Mission
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 630 Dual SIM Increases Your Versatility
- 2014-04-14: Upcoming Nokia Device Codenames Leaked
- 2014-03-26: Nokia Lumia 630 Spotted In China
- 2014-03-06: Nokia Lumia 630 Press Rendering Leaked
- 2014-02-23: Nokia Lumia 630 "Moneypenny" Leaked
- 2014-01-02: Nokia Kills Support For Symbian And MeeGo Apps
- 2013-12-19: Leaked Accessory Card "Confirms" Lumia Icon Moniker