While Symbian will eventually get phased out, until then, Nokia will continue pushing out updates and support for the platform. Nokia Belle was released not too long ago, and it looks like the next build for Symbian dubbed Carla has been leaked. The guys over at Nokianesia have apparently received a set of screenshots in the emails, outing the next major update to the Symbian OS and the successor to the Nokia Belle.
Based on the images we are looking at, it looks like there have been several aesthetic changes, namely its on-screen QWERTY keyboard that seems to be reminiscent of Windows Phone, a swipe-to-unlock feature, updated UI for the browser, music player and options screen. According to whoever sent these screenshots in, the Carla update is expected to be available for the Nokia 700, 701, 603 and the 808 PureView, while first-gen Symbian^3 devices like the Nokia N8, E7, C7 and C6-01 will not be eligible.
So what do you guys think? Could this really be the Carla update that we are looking at here? Until an official announcement has been made, we will be taking this with a grain of salt for now.RELATED
- Samsung Argues That Without High Subsidies, Their Global Business Would Suffer
- Low-end Nokia Lumia Device With 4.5-inch Display Sighted
- Sony Xperia ZL Android 4.3 Update Screenshots Leaked
- Samsung Apparently Tried To Cover Up An Incident Of Galaxy S4 Catching Fire
- Motorola's Modular Phone Prototype "Pretty Close" To Being Ready
- Follow: leaked, Nokia, symbian,
- Seen at: phonearena