SleekSpeak is a speaker made especially for all you cyclists who need a safer alternative than snapping on headphones while riding. The product which is featured on Kickstarter for $79 to build toward a $75,000 pledge will still retail at the reasonable price of $100. The speaker has a rubberish skin which can make light work of drizzle but just to be careful, don’t leave it out if it starts pouring even if the makers say that it should hold out. SleekSpeak will connect to your smartphone via Bluetooth and only has power and volume controls.
The device which can last 12 hours reportedly on a single charge has an audio output at 80dB. SleekSpeak is also available in various color combinations which might help for users who have bought multicolored bikes. Besides just listening to music on it, there are other practical uses for the bike-bound speaker such as GPS, audio books, podcasts or even a training app of some sort which you might not be able to hear from your phone over heavy traffic. If you are interested in one of these for your journeys on the pavements or out in the country, click here to go to Kickstarter.
Next Story: MGM titles arrive at YouTube and Google Play
- 2014-04-11: Micro 3D Printer Kickstarter Hits The $2 Million Mark In 3 Days
- 2014-04-10: Pocket Printer Kickstarter Project Lets You Print On The Go
- 2014-04-09: CommBadge Bluetooth Wearable Device Lets You Interact With Siri/Google Now Hands-Free
- 2014-04-07: Micro 3D Printer Reaches Kickstarter Goal In 11 Minutes
- 2014-04-06: Ears For Surface Will Help Boost The Tablet's Volume For $10