A couple of days ago, an iPad was spotted online with Spotify’s app running on it. This fueled the speculation that Spotify could finally be making its way onto the iPad despite its competition, Rdio and MOG, already having apps on the iPad. Many had expected the app to be launched at Spotify’s 18th of April event, but unfortunately it turns out that the event was more of an announcement of Spotify’s new partnership with Coke. So what about the app then, does it really exist and when will it be coming?
Those were the questions in the minds of the audience and it was posed during the Q&A session. While Spotify’s founder, Daniel Ek, did not go into specifics, what he did say was that the app is indeed “in the works”. As vague as that sounds, it still does not give us a timeframe as to when we can expect to see its release. In any case, fans and users of the service can rest assured that an app for the iPad is indeed on its way, so remember to check back with us from time to time for the updates.
- 2014-04-23 Apple Sells 43.7 Million iPhones, 16.3 Million iPads In Q2 2014
- 2014-04-23 iPad Dominates U.S. Tablet Market But Others Are Catching Up
- 2014-04-21 Former Apple Exec Thinks The iPad Needs To Be More MacBook-like
- 2014-04-18 Next-Gen iPad Air Spotted In Leaked Photos (Rumor)
- 2014-04-16 Hearthstone: Heroes Of Warcraft Arrives On The iPad
- 2012-05-30 Spotify for iPad updated with push notifications
- 2012-05-02 Spotify finally arrives for the iPad
- 2012-04-17 Spotify spotted running on the iPad?
- 2011-12-02 Spotify iPad app on the way